Best CPA firms in US,India|US Accounting Company with CPA Experts.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes. It will be treated as resident-only return if one holds a green card. Hence US tax returns should be filed and global income should be reported in the US
Yes. You can file MFJ up to the date you surrendered GC, and for the remaining days of that year, you need to file as a Non-Resident
Yes, if you are a US citizen or a resident alien living outside the United States, your worldwide income is subject to US income tax, regardless of where you live. However, you may qualify for certain foreign earned income exclusions and/or foreign income tax credits. If you live and work in India more often than not your taxes in India from earned income will cover your US liability.